Monday, May 25, 2009

Morrie's Aphorism #5

"Be hopeful but not foolishly hopeful"

We see all those movies about people chasing dreams because they are hopeful. When we watch those movies, we feel like hoping about something might really work. I always thought those people who hope about things a lot gets what they want. They believe that someday someone can help them to get the things they want, some believe in god, some believe in miracles. I respect and also believe in them sometimes, but this aphorism is really true. We shouldn't just hope for it, or hope that someday someone will help us. Hoping is important, but sometimes we got to work hard by ourself.

Hoping it's just like thinking positively, you hope or wish for something. Sometimes, I feel like I am foolishly hoping for something or something to happen. At the time, I think hoping is the best thing I can do, but afterwards I realize that hoping it's not enough, because you might just be foolishly hoping, just like I what I feel sometimes. So, it's really important to be hopeful, but not foolishly hopeful.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jean:
I agree, but always be hopeful!
Mr. Laffin