Monday, May 18, 2009

Morrie's Aphorism #4

"When you are utterly frustrated or angry, express these feelings. You don't have to be nice all the time--just most of the time."

When I was young, I get really frustrated or angry easily. I think it's because I wasn't mature enough yet. I am not saying that I don't get angry or frustrated now, it's just that I kind of control my emotions better now. I have some friends, and they are normally nice. But when they really got something going on, or maybe something really bug them, then they just go really really mad. When they go really frustrated, it really shocks me, and it might just be awkward, because they don't normally get angry, and suddenly "boom!", they just get really angry. Normally we think that nice people are not scary when they go mad, but I think they can be pretty mad too.

This aphorism is not telling people to get angry all the time, it telling that being nice is a basic thing, but when you are really mad, then just express your feelings out. Being nice is important, but you have to let your voice to be heard, don't let people fool you just because you're nice. Some people just like to pick on you or maybe don't respect you just because you are nice. Nice people can be nice, but they also have feelings, so respect everyone even if they are nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jean:
I agree, your voice needs to be heard!
Mr. Laffin

Unknown said...

Dear Jean:
I agree, your voice must be heard!
Mr. Laffin