Monday, May 11, 2009

Morrie's Aphorism #2

"Learn to forgive yourself and to forgive others."
This aphorism is showing and telling us that we should forgive ourselves, and also forgive others, or at least learn to or try to. Sometimes we always feel like that it's easy to forgive others and hard to forgive yourself. For few people it is that way, but mostly people forgive themselves easily, so they didn't even notice that they forgive themselves. And when someone is trying to forgive others, it's really hard. There's few reasons for it, because you might not trust others, or maybe they did something that's really mean, then you might not forgive them.

In Buddhism, they normally tell people to forgive others more than forgiving yourself. They think forgiving others is a right thing, and if your heart is nice, kind, and calm, then you will forgive others more.

I think sometimes I can forgive others when they did something bad to me, but not that harsh or not that bad. If someone really did something really really mean or bad to me, I might just forget about them and never forgive them. I don't know, sometimes you can't know whether you should forgive them or not. It's a hard decision to make. The aphorism of Morrie's is really true and meaningful, it's also useful.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Jean:
Nice! I like your connection to buddhism!
Mr. Laffin